Female Approved Driving Instructor helping over 16”s get their driving licence
Areas Covered AB16, AB10, AB15, AB21, AB22, AB24,AB25,
I am currently using a Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV 155 ST-Line X Edition as my training vehicle.
New Driver Courses
- £38 per hour
- £370 10 hours
Send a message
If you'd like more information about driving lessons with Leigh then please fill out the form to send a message.
IntroductionThe following terms and conditions represent the basis upon which I (the owner of the local LDC driving school franchise) offer driving lessons and courses to you (the student).
Please note each LDC driving school is independently owned and operated thus the contract for service is between you and me. However, my continued ownership and membership of the LDC driving school franchise in this area is dependent upon me maintaining the highest standards of service and behaviour.
The Learner Driving Centre (LDC) is a separate entity which has been authorised to act as a booking agent and a quality controller for the members of the LDC driving school franchise network. Any breach of the following terms and conditions by me will potentially put me in default of my contract for service with you and my franchise agreement with them.
1. General conductI will be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. I will behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. My training car will be well maintained, clean and tidy (weather permitting). My car is fitted with dual-controls and is fully insured for driving tuition purposes. I will not smoke in the training car at anytime, nor will I use your lesson time for any other form of business, personal or otherwise without your expressed permission.
2. QualificationsI am legally authorised to give driving tuition in the UK by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). I am also proficient in the use of LDC's unique LD System of driving tuition.
3. Course materialsWhen you purchase a One Week Pass, Semi-intensive, Midway Pass or Test Booster course directly through the LDC national booking office the Driving Skills Workbook and Driving Skills DVD Videos will be posted to you from the centre and are for you to keep. Alternatively, if you purchase a course directly through me I will supply them.
4. Driving Licence and eyesightYou must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of our first driving lesson. You must prove your entitlement to drive and provide me with a licence check code prior to our first driving lesson. The LDC National Booking Office or I can provide the instructions on how to do this. You must also check that you can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet - about 5 car lengths) with prescribed visual aids (i.e. contact lenses or glasses) if normally worn. Please note if you need contact lenses or glasses to achieve this you must make sure you wear them on each and every driving lesson.
5. Safety, comfort and well beingSafety is a shared responsibility as identified below:
6. Driving under the influenceTo ensure the safety of you and other road users I reserve the right to cancel any lesson if you are or if I suspect you are under the influence of drugs, legal highs and/or alcohol (prescribed or otherwise). If this occurs the full training fee for the period in question will be lost or charged.
7. Lesson postponementYou may lose, or be required to pay for, any lessons booked in my diary which are postponed or cancelled by you, especially if I am unable to obtain new replacement work for those appointment time(s). However, I reserve the right to postpone lessons if I consider the weather or road conditions to be unsuitable or dangerous. Unfortunately, I cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of me having to postpone any lessons, for whatever reason.
8. PunctualityIn your own interests you are advised to be punctual for your lesson appointments. All such appointments should be recorded (and checked where possible with me) in your Driving Skills Workbook (Appointment Record section) to ensure mistakes are avoided.
I would normally wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes before the lesson would be abandoned and the lesson fee forfeited or become due for payment. A reciprocal waiting time may become necessary if I am delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. I will make up any lesson time lost as a result of this at the end of the normal lesson time or as soon as possible. Any such shortfall should be recorded in your Driving Skills Workbook and initialled by me.
10. Customer Care Payment Protection SchemeWhen you pay money direct to the LDC national booking office it is held in a clients holding account (Clients Account). This money is being held on your behalf and mine. This money is not normally passed onto me until you sign a form instructing the LDC national booking office to do so in part or in full. At various points during the training, I will ask you to sign a form confirming your satisfaction with any training given or your authority to be paid in advance of training. You should not sign this form unless you are totally satisfied with the training and want the LDC booking office to pass on sufficient money held in the Clients Account to cover the training time authorised. Similarly, you should not sign it to allocate payments in advance to me unless you wish to do so. In either case LDC can not be held responsible for any payment you made once it has been passed onto me and is therefore no longer in the clients holding account.
To ensure each LDC driving school instructor provides services to the same high standards they have all agreed that the LDC can act as an arbitrator and withhold any money in the Clients Account in the event of a customer complaint. Only when this matter is resolved to the satisfaction of the LDC's Quality Assurance Manager will payment be passed on or refunded as the case may be. In this way, the standards of the LDC driving school franchise can be maintained and you can be assured of getting what you paid for.
Please note if you book directly with me this scheme is not operated and LDC have no responsibility for any payments you have made to me.
11. The Driving Test
12. ComplaintsIn the event of a complaint I would be extremely grateful if you would give me the opportunity to resolve the matter in the first instance. However, please do not let a problem linger. If you booked your course or lessons through the LDC you may contact the sales person who arranged your training in the first place for advice and help by ringing 01977 691851 or 01977 691850. If you booked directly with me LDC are unable to provide any form of refund and any action would have to be direct with me as the contract for service is between you and I - not LDC. You may also complaint in writing to the LDC Quality Assurance Manager, The Learner Driving Centre (LDC), LDC House, Stuart Road, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 4PQ or email email@example.com.
13. Your statutory rightsNothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty goods or services provided. I have a statutory obligation to provide you with goods and services fit for the purpose for which they were bought and as described. Similarly, any goods supplied by the LDC national booking office must equally be fit for the purpose for which they were bought and as described. If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.